Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) rolled oats
- 2 tblsp (30 ml) coconut oil
- 2 tblsp (30 ml) smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 ml) almond flour or almond meal (see below)
- ½ cup (125ml) chopped dark chocolate or chips
In a high-speed blender, blend the oats until a fine flour forms. (I left some oats whole for texture)
In a large bowl, combine oil, peanut butter, syrup, and vanilla. Blend with hand mixer until smooth. Add the almond flour or meal, and oat flour. Beat again till combined. Fold in chocolate.
Roll the dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Freeze 5-10 minutes then place in container. They can be stored in the fridge or freezer for quick and easy snacks.
To make almond meal:
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend/process 1 cup (250ml) whole raw almonds on high until they have a course flour like consistency.
- Do not blend almonds for too long or the oils will start to release and meal will become sticky.
- Generally, 1 cup, (250ml) whole almonds produces about 1 1/3 cups (325ml) almond meal.
- Almond flour is made the same way using whole blanched almonds (no skins)