- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or yams) ½ inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus wedges for garnish
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced orange or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, then layer on sheet; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Bake until tender (about 25 minutes); in a bowl, whisk juice, vinegar, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Add in potatoes, beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, and mint.
- Toss together, serve over arugula, and garnish with lime wedges.
- Makes 4 Servings
- 283 calories, 2 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 58 grams carbohydrate, 14 grams fibre, 11 grams protein
Top it off by adding some Feta cheese
Use parsley or cilantro instead of mint
Add some broccoli
Wrap it up in a tortilla for a quick on-the-go option
Copies Available at the front desk