Butternut Squash Cookies
- 1.5 cups pre cooked butternut squash
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp round cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, almonds, or pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, sesame or pumpkin seeds
- Mix squash, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into the squash mix until well blended.
- Stir in nuts, chocolate chips and seeds.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto 2 large un-oiled baking sheets about 18 on each pan.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes